Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Thank you God!!!
So here is a story about what our weekend looked like. On Sat. We were baby sitting for some friends at their house. I had some cramping.....but didn't think much about it. At this point I'm use to weird things happening to my body. I went to the bathroom and realized I was bleeding. I'll leave out details here, just realize it was bad. We went home and I called the 24 hour hotline. The nurse told me to stay on bedrest until Mon. morning and then go to the dr. She said she didn't want me to lose hope....but it didn't sound good. Sunday was awful. I was still bleeding, although not as bad. I just wanted to know what was happening to the baby. I prayed several times throughout the day. I was also bracing myself for the possibility of a miscarriage. We were supposed to have gone to Hilo to see my inlaws that day. Michael told them what had happened and they came over to pray for me and spend time with us. Monday morning we went to the Dr. I told her all of the details of what had happened and she told me it was a miscarriage. She did a pelvic exam and said the cervix had shrunk to almost pre-pregnancy size and that the uterus was closed off. I asked her again....so the baby's gone? Yes, she told me. I was devastated. She wanted to do an ultrasound to see if everything had passed. She did the ultra sound and there was a perfect baby with a heartbeat!!!!! All of our jaws were on the ground! I kept thanking God! I sobbed. Michael and I can honestly say that this was the most shocking moment of our lives! She could not explain why I had the problems.... maybe a cyst....polyp.... dunno. Our baby is okay..... Thank you God! We feel very blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such an amazing story! Definitely proof that miracles can happen! If this little one's already giving you trouble like this I'd be afraid for the teenage years, lol! keep blogging away - i love following pregnancies! see ya soon!
Post a Comment