Monday, October 16, 2006
The Big Quake!
We are okay! We had a huge earthquake yesterday that measured 6.6 in the richter (sp?) scale. Michael and I were still in bed...it was 7:04 am. It lasted what seemed like forever.....some reports say 25 seconds some say 45. I was expecting the roof to fall in honestly. We came out of the room and saw a wreck! All of my drinking glasses except one haha was broken. Many spices had smashed on the kitchen floor too. Needless to say we cleaned up a large amount of glass. Things that fell: everything in our showers and medicine cabinets, a huge mirror in the living room, our 2 glass shower doors, our computer monitor, our microwave, all of our dvds were on the floor, our laptop, most things on shelves. The great news is that everything works!!! Nothing, minus the glasses and spices, broke! Things are scratched and nicked...but okay none the less. We packed up and left immediately thinking there may be a tsunami....halfway up the mountain we heard there was no threat. We came home and cleaned up the mess. It was actually a beautiful day and we went to the pool and out to dinner. I would say 1/4 of the businesses in town were open. We are okay and thankful for our good fortune! What an experience!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so glad you guys are OK. was this yoru first earthquake? I am still soooo on edge.
Post a Comment