Friday, August 21, 2009

The Burning Question......

Do we like Jackson Hole???? YES!!! We really love it here! The summer has been amazing! We have been hiking, hanging out at the river, camping, fishing,and riding bikes! Jackson is absolutely beautiful! The mountains are gorgeous and there are creeks that run all through Jackson. There are also AMAZING wildflowers everywhere. There is a bike path that runs all around and somewhat in the town. It has wood bridges over the creeks and goes out in the country too. We can ride for miles! Isla has her own trailer that she calls her "car" that we hook onto our bike. I've never really had the desire to live in the mountains, but I'm really enjoying it!

We moved into a condo that is 2 blocks from my work and in the same parking lot as a grocery store, our bank, and doctor! Isla's daycare is only like 1 mile away if that and the bike path runs right along our building. We really scored with location! I'm guessing I'll put like 10 miles a week on my car! Michael is enjoying his new job. I start work on Monday, and Isla started daycare a week ago. We are well on our way.

Now as far as being prepared for winter....we are not! haha We are driving 2 hours away to do some shopping for me for long sleeved shirts and close toed shoes for work. We've had to seriously revise our wardrobes. We are trading in our slippers and swimsuits for boots and snowsuits!!! The good news is most serious winter gear from last year has been on sale. I haven't worn boots in years and found a killer deal on an amazing pair! To say I'm nervous about winter would be an understatement! :) I freeze SO easily that I'm going to have to develop thicker blood to survive. Michael is so excited and is going to take up snowboarding.

Ms. Isla is doing so well! She amazes me every day! She is so active and VERBAL!!! I just love it! She's really been in to singing, waterplay, and climbing lately. She sings herself to sleep most nights. Her new catch phrase is, "Cuz why?" She will "Cuz why" you until you are blue in the face! So inquisitive. She is also catching EVERYTHING you say! I'll have no clue she's listening to me and later she will bring up some random minute detail of a conversation I was having. Her memory amazes me! She has been elated to have friends again and seems to enjoy her new daycare. I had NO CLUE that I would have such a hard time sending her to school again! I've so enjoyed having her with me all this time! All is well tho and I will adjust haha!

Our friends Christine and Drew have been out visiting and left today for the rest of their roadtrip:(. We had a blast while they were here! Today is my last day off....I kept the little monkey home from school and we went to the pool, read books, and will head off to the park in a bit. Well, that's it for now!! Much love to you all!!!

No comments: