So if you haven't heard...we are moving to Wyoming!!! Michael got a promotion thru the Four Seasons and we are off on a new adventure to Jackson Hole. I'm SO proud of him!!! He really is excelling in his career! We only found out about a month ago...so you can imagine how hectic life has been! The good news is that, altho busy, everything went off without a hitch! Michael and I make an amazing team, along with a lot of help from the Big Man upstairs, and got all of the details covered! It is about as drastic of a move as you can get...we are going from Maui, where no one has heaters, to Jackson Hole, where no one has A/C.
We just left Maui yesterday and are now in Hilo visiting with our family here before we leave on Friday to go to Jackson! It has been an extremely bitter sweet situation! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Maui....did i say we LOVE it? hahaha It has really suited our lifestyle well.... we, up to this point, are beach people! Maui has plenty of beaches and surf spots to spare. We have really established amazing connections with friends and work there. We will miss it SO MUCH!!!
With all of that said:), we are excited about our new opportunity and a chance at an entirely different life style, new people, jobs, etc. I've heard nothing but great things about Jackson from anyone that has lived or visited there... I personally think I'll dig the summers more...camping, hiking, possibly even fly fishing!!! we'll see! Michael got rid of three surfboards and is going to invest in a snowboard... Very interesting to see how it unfolds. I've never even considered living in the mountains, I may love it!!
So our first line of business when we get there is to purchase a new wardrobe for all three of us! I've been watching the weather and it still gets down into the 30's and 40's at night this time of year.....the highs are in the 50s and 60s mostly now. I really don't think our boardshorts and spaghetti strap shirts and dresses will cut it. I've never been one to shy away from a much needed shopping trip haha.
Isla is doing well! She speaks in full sentences now and can engage in a full conversation! She talks or more so SINGS all the time. The girl loves to sing and can memorize lengthy (for a two year old) songs like nothing! She now knows several songs in Hawaiian and one Hawaiian chant with motions and all! I'm really going to have to work to keep her supplied with music.
Recently she has developed a HUGE imagination. She was using her Tutu's (grandma) doilies and drink coasters to make sandwiches. She has also taking to wadding up her little blanket or any piece of cloth and pretending they are animals or babies. She will show you where the head, tail, etc are and will usually say they are either happy or sad. Not sure why...that's just what she does! She will take her little wadded friends around and show them things and tell you that you need to hold them. Pretty cute! She fell this morning and busted her lip and eye on the coffee table and she and her Tutu were scolding the coffee table saying, "Naughty coffee table." After she felt better the table apparently apologized, "He said he's sorry to my lip." She is great!
Jaggar is doing really well! He has grown out his hair a tad...the chicks dig it apparently:). He also made honor roll for three quarters and gets to go bowling this week with the school as a reward. He's gotten really into music and his ipod as of late and has passed me and his grandmother in height. We are so stoked to have him for a few days before we go. He is doing really well!
This is all for now!!! As always much love and aloha!!!!!!!!
We just left Maui yesterday and are now in Hilo visiting with our family here before we leave on Friday to go to Jackson! It has been an extremely bitter sweet situation! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Maui....did i say we LOVE it? hahaha It has really suited our lifestyle well.... we, up to this point, are beach people! Maui has plenty of beaches and surf spots to spare. We have really established amazing connections with friends and work there. We will miss it SO MUCH!!!
With all of that said:), we are excited about our new opportunity and a chance at an entirely different life style, new people, jobs, etc. I've heard nothing but great things about Jackson from anyone that has lived or visited there... I personally think I'll dig the summers more...camping, hiking, possibly even fly fishing!!! we'll see! Michael got rid of three surfboards and is going to invest in a snowboard... Very interesting to see how it unfolds. I've never even considered living in the mountains, I may love it!!
So our first line of business when we get there is to purchase a new wardrobe for all three of us! I've been watching the weather and it still gets down into the 30's and 40's at night this time of year.....the highs are in the 50s and 60s mostly now. I really don't think our boardshorts and spaghetti strap shirts and dresses will cut it. I've never been one to shy away from a much needed shopping trip haha.
Isla is doing well! She speaks in full sentences now and can engage in a full conversation! She talks or more so SINGS all the time. The girl loves to sing and can memorize lengthy (for a two year old) songs like nothing! She now knows several songs in Hawaiian and one Hawaiian chant with motions and all! I'm really going to have to work to keep her supplied with music.
Recently she has developed a HUGE imagination. She was using her Tutu's (grandma) doilies and drink coasters to make sandwiches. She has also taking to wadding up her little blanket or any piece of cloth and pretending they are animals or babies. She will show you where the head, tail, etc are and will usually say they are either happy or sad. Not sure why...that's just what she does! She will take her little wadded friends around and show them things and tell you that you need to hold them. Pretty cute! She fell this morning and busted her lip and eye on the coffee table and she and her Tutu were scolding the coffee table saying, "Naughty coffee table." After she felt better the table apparently apologized, "He said he's sorry to my lip." She is great!
Jaggar is doing really well! He has grown out his hair a tad...the chicks dig it apparently:). He also made honor roll for three quarters and gets to go bowling this week with the school as a reward. He's gotten really into music and his ipod as of late and has passed me and his grandmother in height. We are so stoked to have him for a few days before we go. He is doing really well!
This is all for now!!! As always much love and aloha!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment