Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Maui Move and more!

Hey guys! So we are finally moved! It has been a whirlwind. We found out and had three weeks to get ready to move. We have been here for a week and a half. I think we will LOVE Maui. It really seems to suit us. There is much more to do here and most importantly.....more shopping! haha. We found a car for me...a nissan xterra. It is white and I just love driving it. We are still in the Four Seasons until we get our place settled. I am growing by the day eating room service three times a day! Its a bit gluttenous! We have found an apartment here in Kihei, but it is currently filled with boxes. It is much much smaller than our condo on the Big Island so we will have to downsize considerably. This is good tho, it will force us to get rid of a lot of things that we really dont need or use anyways. Our apt. is really conveniently located in town next to a strip mall with everything you need in it. Michael really likes his new job and the people he works with. I am getting ready to go to San Antonio to see my family on Sunday. Isla and I will be gone for three weeks. When we get back I will look for work, hopefully part time.

Jaggar has officially started middle school! He is a big sixth grader! He seems to be liking it other than the increased homework haha. Isla is just a trip!!! She has found her voice in a big way! She enjoys talking at the top of her lungs in public places! Its a little hard to tell a four month old baby to quiet down! She isn't upset when she does it....just talking! I had to pull her out of the Four Seasons pool on one occasion b/c she was SO loud and would not stop! Yes, its funny to everyone for the first five minutes or so, but after that it starts getting a little much. She also giggles and laughs way more now. Her little personality is blossoming and I just love it! She seems like she will be a bit of a chatterbox....still trying to figure out how that happened :). Her favorite passtime now is grabbing everything she can. This includes earrings, sunglasses, hair, skin, paper....anything she can reach. She had her four month check up yesterday and is 15 lbs! not bad for four and a half months!

Apparently a hurricane is approaching us. I've been told it will miss us and seem more like a storm than anything. Michael says this means big surf for him and he is very excited. That's it for now!!! aloha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cerf Family,
Glad to see all is OK in Maui. I can't believe that Isla is 14p. She is a big girl. I guess you both don't need to go to the gym anymore.
Take care
Kanja

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all is well. Congrats on the move !

Chuck and Kara