Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy To You!





Hello all! Things here are going well. We've recently celebrated my birthday (not telling which one haha) and had a family trip to a very small island called Lanai. I had a great birthday! I really was not caring about my bday this year. My dear sweet family and friends made it very special tho....so thank you! This year we decided not to buy each other Christmas or birthday gifts and to take a mini vacation instead! Michael works at the Four Seasons, so we were able to stay there on Lanai. It was a great trip...we just read, relaxed, stayed in our pajamas, ordered room service, and hit up the beach, pool, and hot tub. Isla had a blast! She does really well when she is in new environments. I notice she always seems to mature when we take her out of her normal routine and surroundings. She loved the water, exploring and looking at the big koi fish and lizards. Not to mention not having to use a high chair. We took a boat ride over, so that was pretty exciting as well. All in all, November was a great month!
Miss Isla is continuing to grow at an alarming rate! She is very tall for her age....we all know that gene didn't come from me haha. Her hair is still curly as ever and turning more blond with every beach visit. She has such a love for music! She wants me to sing to her all the time. She always shouts out her request/demands to me. "Happy to you" (aka Happy Birthday to You) is her one of her favorites right now. I always ask her who we are singing to. For awhile it was always people, lately tho it has been objects! We've sang happy birthday to lemons, the ocean, and even....i can't believe i'm admitting this....but POOPY!!! Yes, not sure why she wanted to do that!!! She is a trip for sure with her own very big personality! She has been calling me "Shallnen" on occasions just for fun. I tell her "That's Mommy to you!" and she says "No, Shallnen!" All in good fun of course. She likes to go thru her list of people and ask what they are all doing. "What's Daddy doing?" She's learning her colors and can sing most of her ABCs now give or take a few letters!!! She also enjoys saying "Watch this!" and doing some bizarre one armed dance or making funny sounds. She is such a bright spot in our lives and always keeps us laughing!

We are getting ready to go to the Big Island for Christmas to visit our family and friends! We are very excited to get Jaggar for the week! We miss him tons while we are apart. After we get back I'll have two weeks off from work still and then I'm going to begin working full time in January! While it is a bit of a drag to leave my baby full time, I feel very fortunate that I'm able to get MORE work in this horrific economy. That is it for now!! Much love!
Aloha!

No comments: